Ernest Broadbent, a miner, married Hannah Holt, a tailoress, on 27 January 1884 in St Albans the Martyr Church, Leeds, Yorkshire. Their children were baptised as Methodists.
Ernest Broadbent, 1860 – ?1921, Churwell then Leeds. I’ve written about Ernest in my #52Ancestors blog: Life and Death at the mine
Hannah Hoult, 1864 – 1931, Leeds. I’ve written about Hannah Hoult/Holt in my #52Ancestors blog: Home, Hearth and Nimble Fingers.
Their children were:
- Arthur, 1884, married Florence Harrison
- Clara Jane. 1885
- Edith, 1887, married Edgar Sugden
- Clifford, 1889, married Jane Hayward
- Joseph Oliver, 1890, married Emily Hartley
- William, 1895
- Uriah ‘Jack’, 1895, married Gwen Wilson
- Lillian Hoult, 1896, married Harry Farrar
- Sarah Hannah, 1898, married Percy Pickles
- Albert, 1901, married Bessie Studley
- James, 1903, died in infancy
- Phyllis Broadbent (later Brown), 1907