Thanks so much to Cathy Meder-Dempsey (Opening Doors in Brick Walls) and also to Fran Ellsworth (Branching Out Through the Years) for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! I was very touched, especially once I discovered what it was! Just glad you like it, and glad that my family get remembered.
Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog
- Share seven things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!)
- Contact your bloggers to let them know that you’ve tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award
So, seven things about me:
- I’m an optimistic cynic and love happy endings;
- I wouldn’t be here without the NHS and the ingenuity of modern science. I’m lucky – I’ve needed to survive a lot of things, including those which have taken my ancestors;
- Bellydancing saved me from falling off a precipice (literally) and I have been paid to dance in a castle (this amuses me endlessly as I have no delusions of talent);
- I can’t function at work without making a list;
- The only thing that annoys me more than other people getting apostrophe’s in the wrong place is doing it myself;
- I love films and have waaaaay too many DVDs. I know I’m really ill when all I want is to eat Madeira cake and all I want to do is watch The Wicked Lady (Lockwood & Mason) – as soon as I’m on the mend it go back to my normal setting of action films, Yipee Ki Yay!;
- I was built for comfort, not for speed;
- I’m thrawn, apparently.
Some of the other bloggers I like, no particular order, include:
- Different Worlds by Graham Seaman;
- Zimmerbitch: Age is just a [biggish] number by Su Leslie;
- Pastsmith by, um, herself;
- A Hundred Years Ago by Sheryl Lazarus;
- No Story Too Small by Amy Johnson Crow, going full circle there;
- History Calling (English Heritage blog);
- And for being amazing: Roots to Tip by Alex.
[More to follow when my brain is awake again…]